The content for this training is one of an integrated organization-wide system, accompanied by Strategy Execution that, if mastered well in the classroom, can be the driver for the improvement efforts in your organization.
The training will show how all position hierarchies will be in proper alignment towards the accomplishment of business strategy.
Every candidate in the course who understands and has the opportunity to employ the contents appropriately will find the tools are equally a communication tool that helps employees better see where strategy drives the business. The training touches on what departments and individual measured contributions can be to their entire efforts.
With the knowledge presented by this training, employees can significantly change and improve the way they perform their daily jobs.
From Strategies to Performance Action
The training will take candidates through the process of setting performance standards and allocation of resources using the technique of Balanced Scorecard. We will clarify the Perspectives of the operational management loop of the Balanced Scorecard. This will be with the organization’s Strategic Objectives in focus.
Candidates will go through the process of appraising performance against predefined sets of criteria that support the goals and objectives.
Candidates will get additional knowledge and skills of how employees’ Competencies are measured by way of ability, interest and characteristics in addition to the quantitative measures.
The training will guide candidates to develop the document which establishes the process that:
- Clarifies Performance Goals, Objectives and Process at Corporate, Business Units and Job Holder levels through cascading the business strategies and goals.
- Encourages your employees towards responsibility and accountability.
- Links other Human Resources Management components like career planning & development, competency development and rewards.
- Supports an objective and continuous feedback between FIRS employees and Management.
The Business Results depend a great deal on the execution of the strategies by your people. The Balanced Scorecard tool is a key mechanism for linking your employees’ job descriptions, objectives and personal performance to business performance and objectives. The tool is an authentic way your Strategy can consistently attain Business Results.
- Plan Phase: “What should be achieved?”
- Perform Phase: “What are the current business results?” and “What can be done to improve?”
- Assess Phase: “How has the organization been doing, assessing individuals and at corporate levels?”
Managers Business Acumen
- New Business Development
- Human Resources
Assessing Business Scorecard Perspectives
- What our different Stakeholders expect and our value delivery or contribution in quantitative and qualitative terms.
The Business Model and Operational Processes
- The ways we organize, structure, arrange and handle our operations at the Headquarters and the Regions for us to achieve our assignments and strategic objectives.
- New unique things we should consider introducing for our operations to grow and achieve more.
Financial Outlook and Goals
- What the organization should be gaining financially from what we do, the budget we should pursue in terms of revenue and expenditures and what we, as employees too, should gain.
- Self Mastery
- Interpersonal Mastery
- Business Mastery
- Core/Generic Competencies
- Business Competencies
- Technical Competencies
- Levels of Proficiency.
Key Performance Indicator (KPI) Setting Framework
- Key Result Areas (KRAs)
- Key Performance Indices
- KRA Weighting
- Critical Performance Standards
- Assessment Frequencies
Strategy Setting Guidelines
7-Step KPI Setting and Cascade Process
- Agree/Communicate Objectives and KRA at Corporate Level
- Define KRAs/KPIs of Business Units, Departments and Regions
- Define each Business Unit, Department and Region Objectives &
- How to Conduct Peer Review Session
- How to Define Individual Job Holder Objectives and KPIs
- How to Review Individual Job descriptions
- Agreeing and Documenting.
Business Results Assessment Guidelines
- Performance measures that indicate how successfully the organization as a whole is meeting its business objectives.
Business Unit/Division/Department/Regional Results
- Performance measures which are shared across departments and regions.
- Performance measures which reflect individual contributions within a unit, a department and a region.
Performance Weighting Guidelines
- Each assigned objective is weighted, based on the strategic value of such objective to achieving the regional, departmental and overall corporate goals.
Performance Tracking Tools
- Divisional Performance Tracking Form
- Department Performance Tracking Form
- Weekly (Or Monthly) Performance Tracking Form.
Performance Tracking Tools
Previewing the KRA and KPI unique outcomes:
- Alignment: Aligns individual employee’s goals with Bureau Veritas strategic objectives.
- Assessment: Provides constant feedback on each employee’s strengths and coaching opportunities on improvement areas.
- Compensation: Serves as an objective basis to evaluate and reward employees fairly for their contributions.
- Achievement: Motivates employees to achieve objectives and improve performance.
- Planning: Makes manpower planning easy in tandem with the company’s business fortunes.
- Communication: Improves communication among seniors and subordinates during appraisal periods. Development Guides the process of training and development to assist individuals in achieving their objectives