This programme can run as an online or classroom training (Available also for Customised Training by Duration, Venue and Fee)
This is a comprehensive fleet management course that covers important and vital aspects of the fleet life cycle. Fleet management practitioners and owners must keep abreast of the latest developments, practices, technological advancements and a broad spectrum of related issues so as to run their own fleet profitably or provide their clients with the best service. The knowledge and techniques delegates will learn in the course are practicably applicable to their fleet.
By the time the course ends, five significant learning points, among several others, would have been imbibed by participating delegates:
- Participants will have been exposed to comparative fleet management policies and practices of profitable and successful organizations and how to bring the relevant aspects of them to bear in your organization.
- They will understand how to resolve critical issues in Fleet Operation that can aid effective implementation and controls.
- Participants will have a better understanding of techniques in motivating and rewarding the fleet operations staff.
- They will learn how to prevent as well as manage crisis that may occur in fleet operations.
- In the outsourced elements of the Fleet Management, participants will be exposed to managing the vendors for value delivery.
Fundamentals of Fleet Management
• Fleet Management: An essential service function
• Fleet organisation, administration and maintenance practices
• Analysis of transport requirements in the organization.
Managing Fleet for Optimum Result
• Vehicle selection and acquisition
• Vehicle replacement planning
• Setting Key Performance Standards
• Developing a Green, Safe and Efficient Fleet
Essential Skills for Efficient Fleet Management
• People skills for driver control and management
• Management skills for workshop personnel
• Preventive maintenance skills and maintaining high standards of vehicle maintenance
Critical Issues in Fleet Operation
• Developing fleet management policies and procedures
• Risk Control
• Responsibilities for Investigation and Reporting
• Risk Assessment
• Hazard Control
• Accident and Emergency Investigations
- Injuries to Employees, Contractors/Suppliers, Visitors
- Facts collection and evaluation
- Root cause identification
- Corrective action
- Trends tracking
• Accident Site Preservation.
Financial Issues in Fleet Operations
• Financing options
• Setting operational/financial targets and standards
• Efficient management of costs and resources
• Fleet performance measurement and benchmarking
• Concept of Guaranteed Availability:
• Planning and control of fleet
• Administration of shipping and delivery
• Implementing strong risk management policies.
Fleet Outsourcing and Other Critical Issues
• Managing vendors under an outsourced fleet management policy
• Safety procedures
• Passenger’s safety and safety of loads on vehicles
• Safety parking and safety checklist
• Inspection and safety reports.
• Linking employee performance to the reward system
• Total competitive compensation structure
• Pay-for-performance philosophy
• Motivating and rewarding drivers for optimum performance
• Motivating other fleet operations employees.
• Causes of fleet management crisis
• Personality and behavioural issues
• Communication breakdown
• Crisis prevention techniques
• Crisis management styles.
Technology Support for Vehicle Monitoring
• Location records
• Trip reports
• Emergency support services
• Checks over third-party fleet
• Vehicle delay, downtime, and its associated costs
• Safety and road traffic accidents and its associated costs.