Training Course on Advanced Agronomy
By: Datastat Research Center
13 - 17 Feb, 2023 5 days
Venue: Nairobi, Kenya
Agronomy represents the applied aspects of both soil and plant sciences dealing with field crops and pastures. It is therefore, directly responsible for the production of most food and fiber consumed and utilized by people and livestock, and thus, is fundamental to productive and sustainable agriculture and livestock production.
This course is specifically designed to take the participants from the basics of the ecology and adaptation of agricultural plants to solving complex real-world agronomic problems caused by variable climatic conditions, nutrient deficiencies, crop diseases, weeds, insect, pests, physiological disorders and pesticide damage.
Who should attend?
- Managers and Supervisors in Agricultural Sector
- Individuals who are interested in Agribusiness and Agronomy
- Entrepreneurs and Business Owners
- Agronomy and Agribusiness professionals who wish to enhance their skills and competencies
- Any professional in Agronomy areas.
By the end of this course, participants should be able to:
- Identify factors that affect the success of a crop; including soil condition, climate factors and biological influences such as pests and diseases.
- Explain how to achieve successful seed germination for different agronomic crops under different conditions in the field
- Discuss practices used to farm cereals for harvest and sale as cash crops.
- Discuss practices used to farm broadleaf crops for harvest and sale as cash crops.
- Understand the use of different harvesting equipment and techniques including post-harvest handling.
- Introduction to Agronomic Practices
- Crop Types, Plant Structure and Function
- Row and Cover Crops
- Crop Operations and Planter Types
- Determinants of Crop Growth
- Soils, Erosion and Salinity
- Soil Solidity, acidity and alkalinity
- Ways to improve soils
- Cultivation techniques
- Plant Nutrition, deficiencies and Fertilizers
- Insect Pests and diseases
- Weeds and their Control
- Spraying, Irrigation and Chemical Crop Protection
- Natural Pest and Disease Control
- Seed Storage and Germination
- Types of Media
- Arable Cereal Crops
- Arable Broadleaf Crops.
The instructor led trainings are delivered using a blended learning approach and comprises of presentations, guided sessions of practical exercise, web-based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are seasoned industry experts with years of experience, working as professional and trainers in these fields.
- The participant must be conversant with English.
- Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with an Authorized Training Certificate
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- The course fee includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate upon successful completion of Training.
- One-year post-training support Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
- Payment should be done at least a week before commence of the training, to DATASTAT CONSULTANCY LTD account, as indicated in the invoice so as to enable us prepare better for you.
|Nairobi, Kenya||Feb 13 - 17 Feb, 2023|
Registration: 09:15:am - 11:55:am
|USD 900.00||(Physical Training)|
|USD 630.00||(Virtual Training)|
Sammy +254 724527104
|Advanced Agronomy Agronomy Courses in Nairobi Training in Nairobi Training Courses in Nairobi Training Courses in Kenya Training in Kenya Seminars in Nairobi Workshops in Nairobi Kenya Africa August 2022 December 2022 International Training|