Training Course on Cost and Control for Food and Beverage Operations
By: Datastat Research Center
06 - 10 Feb, 2023 5 days
In this programme, participants will gain a thorough understanding of the control of gross profit and pricing methods. This will be a practical session, designed to help participants deal with the daily financial tasks they have to undertake such as ordering, purchasing, gross profit calculations, and how gross profit impacts on sales. Participants will also look briefly at wage and salary controls.
All personnel dealing with food and beverage services, including bar tenders, waiters and waitresses, wine and dine restaurant owners, any hotel or restaurant staff with no formal qualification of trade.
- Gain an understanding of best practice for ordering, purchasing, gross profit calculations
- Learn how to manage cost of sales with better forecasting, correct pricing and less wastage
- Forecast wage and salary costs
- Gain a general understanding of what the figure means
- Best practice in purchasing and stock control
- Menu planning, standard costing and gross profit management
- Impact of sales mix
- Wage and salary scheduling and control
- Action plans for profit improvement
- Importance of cost control
- Understanding purchasing procurement, purchasing cycle and purchasing specification
- Basic steps in receiving products and beverages
- Working out the cellar records
- Implementing control cycle and system
- Working with purchase order, delivery docket / sales invoice / credit note /goods refund and goods receipt
- Implementing procedures for storing goods
- Implementing bin cards
- Learn basic accounting terms
- Prepare an income statement
The instructor led trainings are delivered using a blended learning approach and comprises of presentations, guided sessions of practical exercise, web-based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are seasoned industry experts with years of experience, working as professional and trainers in these fields.
- The participant must be conversant with English.
- Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with an Authorized Training Certificate
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- The course fee includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and A Certificate upon successful completion of Training.
- One-year post-training support Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
- Payment should be done at least a week before commence of the training, to DATASTAT CONSULTANCY LTD account, as indicated in the invoice so as to enable us prepare better for you.
|Nairobi||Feb 06 - 10 Feb, 2023|
Registration: 09:15:am - 11:25:am
|USD 900.00||(Physical Training)|
|USD 630.00||(Virtual Training)|
Sammy +254 724527104