The course will help you prepare a safe and solid plan to get a gap closed, both in case of emergency as well as in case of a pre-planned operation. In case of emergency closures, action is often taken based on panic. Very often these actions aggravate the situation, instead of resolving it. For planned closures of inlets, the time pressure (and panic) by virtue is less, but as these works are often bigger and more comprehensive, mistakes can have a huge impact and lead to risky situations.
Who Should Apply?
This course is primarily geared towards working professionals. There are no formal admission requirements, but it is assumed that sufficient knowledge about hydraulic engineering is present. Especially a basic knowledge of tides is essential.
On completion of this course you should be able to:
- to design a simple closure work and to set-up the detailed programme for the design of a more complicated closing work.
- Take the appropriate steps leading to a successful closure on short term.
- Make a detailed plan and select the optimal closing strategy.
- Draft the detailed requirements for the contractor.
- Get an emphasis on preventing accidents, injuries, and other adverse organizational events.
- Control hazards, manage risks, and maintain proactive safety management programs.
- Introduction to Hazard Control
- Safety Regulations, Standards, and Organizations
- General and Physical Plant Safety
- Managing Hazardous Materials
- Biological Hazard Control
The instructor led trainings are delivered using a blended learning approach and comprises of presentations, guided sessions of practical exercise, web-based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are seasoned industry experts with years of experience, working as professional and trainers in these fields.
- The participant must be conversant with English.
- Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with an Authorized Training Certificate
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- The course fee includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate upon successful completion of Training.
- One-year post-training support Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
- Payment should be done at least a week before commence of the training, to DATASTAT CONSULTANCY LTD account, as indicated in the invoice so as to enable us prepare better for you.