The training in Report writing is a course that equips individuals with skills that helps them to develop quality reports. The course has been developed to assist trainees to grasp the essential components of various types of reports and their formats. Trainees are shown how to plan, write and edit reports for use as executive decision-making tools, including validation to present credible reports for management evaluation.
The course will target delegate, managers, and education staff whose roles involve producing reports for their institutions. This will help them gain skills on how to write appropriate reports concerning the progress of a workshop or the operations of their institutions.
By the end of the training, participants will be able to:
- Compile reports that have appropriate content and format
- Determining the focus of the report which involves deciding on correct content
- Select appropriate format and structure on writing a good report
- Organize and structure a technical text appropriately
- Present the same information in a report in different ways
Module I: Preparing the Report
- Defining the purpose
- Setting the Objectives
- Investigate the topic
- Thinking about the reader
Module II: Report Sections
- Title or title page
- Executive Summary
- Summary and Conclusions
Module III: Layout
- Numbering Sections and figures
- Diagrams, graphs and tables
Module IV: Proof-reading
- Originality and Plagiarism
- Business English
Module V: Presenting the Report
- How to talk through the report
- Use persuasive language
- Get buy-in to the ideas you are presenting
The instructor led trainings are delivered using a blended learning approach and comprises of presentations, guided sessions of practical exercise, web-based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are seasoned industry experts with years of experience, working as professional and trainers in these fields.
- The participant must be conversant with English.
- Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with an Authorized Training Certificate
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- The course fee includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and A Certificate upon successful completion of Training.
- One-year post-training support Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
- Payment should be done at least a week before commence of the training, to DATASTAT CONSULTANCY LTD account, as indicated in the invoice so as to enable us prepare better for you.