To build the capacity of Development professionals who are actively engaged in the Agriculture and food security activities in governmental and non-governmental organizations need to support efforts in improving survival rates of Agribusinesses that currently have a high rate of failure.
Entrepreneurship and Agribusiness Development are the best hope for reviving weak world economies. Entrepreneurs cannot do it alone; they need an enabling environment in which their business can grow. This course is designed to give insights into the basic requirements for increasing the level of entrepreneurship in communities at local and national levels.
This course will provide hands-on training in Entrepreneurship and Agribusiness Development and the application of Knowledge to decision making in Entrepreneurship and Agribusiness Development planning and Management. Training that will enable the learner to know how to address these challenges. It focuses on the thing’s entrepreneurs care most about, and that ultimately affect their bottom line: How to raise money, make money, save money and help others to do so.
Who Should Attend?
This course targets individuals working in governments, funding agencies, and research and non-government organizations for Emergency response and other Development programmes. It is also suitable for business owners and representatives from organizations that support entrepreneurship and/or seek to enable an environment in which businesses can flourish
Upon completion of the course, participants will:
- Understand the basic concepts of Entrepreneurship and Agriculture Development
- Learn the basic requirements for business operations
- Know the causes of many business failures
- Learn how to overcome pitfalls in businesses
Module I: Introduction to Entrepreneurship
- Meaning of entrepreneurship
- Entrepreneurship life cycle
- Concepts of entrepreneurship
- Stakeholders involved in entrepreneurship
- Challenges of new entrepreneurs
- Combating challenges
Module II: Introduction to Agribusiness development
- Meaning of Agribusiness
- Concepts of agribusiness
- Agribusiness stakeholders
- Agri-business enterprise development
- Steps of agribusiness development
- Pros and cons of agribusiness development
- Challenges of new agribusiness entrepreneurs
- Combating challenges
- Development of an agribusiness enterprise
Module III: Integration of Entrepreneurship in Agribusiness Development
- The role of entrepreneurship in agribusiness development
- The advantages of entrepreneurship in agribusiness development
- The disadvantages of entrepreneurship in agribusiness development
- Resilience and Consistency
- Competitiveness and Determination
- Resource allocation for agribusiness development
- Creating opportunities out of situations in entrepreneurship in agribusiness development
Module IV: Agribusiness and the Economy
- Role of agribusiness in the economy
- Effects of agribusiness in the economy
- Advantages and disadvantages of agribusiness in the economy
The instructor led trainings are delivered using a blended learning approach and comprises of presentations, guided sessions of practical exercise, web-based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are seasoned industry experts with years of experience, working as professional and trainers in these fields.
- The participant must be conversant with English.
- Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with an Authorized Training Certificate
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- The course fee includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and A Certificate upon successful completion of Training.
- One-year post-training support Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
- Payment should be done at least a week before commence of the training, to DATASTAT CONSULTANCY LTD account, as indicated in the invoice so as to enable us prepare better for you.