Capacity development is a series of strategies, a variety of tools and techniques which, when applied in a systematic way, promote both organizational capacity building and institutional development. This workshop will offer managers and interested participants with the tools needed to promote capacity development in organizations. The workshop will focus on strategic human resource development competencies and equip you with knowledge to draft a capacity development plan for your unit, with specific actions as well as new questions for the unit to explore.
Who Should Attend?
This course is relevant to assistant director or deputy director who is involved or interested in capacity building.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Think for the good of the whole (the organization as a tool for national development),
- Understand the relationship between organization development and institution building,
- Give constructive feedback,
- Formulate ideas for intra/interagency collaborations,
- Foster a positive, appreciative environment where innovative ideas are valued
- Ask new questions and reframing the definitions of organization
- Deal with resistance
- Lead, mentor and other development activities
- What is capacity building and development?
- Manager’s role in capacity building
- Situation-Behavior-Impact analysis
- Identifying values and norms
- Understanding power, influence, and authority
- Question thinking tools
- Sphere of influence
- Resistance and safety
- Giving and receiving feedback
- Retention strategies
- Influence targets and planning
- Sharing ideas and practices on capacity building
The instructor led trainings are delivered using a blended learning approach and comprises of presentations, guided sessions of practical exercise, web-based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are seasoned industry experts with years of experience, working as professional and trainers in these fields.
- The participant must be conversant with English.
- Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with an Authorized Training Certificate
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- The course fee includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate upon successful completion of Training.
- One-year post-training support Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
- Payment should be done at least a week before commence of the training, to DATASTAT CONSULTANCY LTD account, as indicated in the invoice so as to enable us prepare better for you.