Stata refers to statistical software which is used in the management of data, analysis, and graphics. It comprises of advanced functions which includes forecasting, survival analysis, data analysis, time series analysis and survey methods. It can be utilized via graphical interface using very intuitive language. It benefits from the active user community which gives its support on a dedicated mailing.
Data management using stata is a general course which can be attended by individuals who have general statistical knowledge on various fields such agriculture, education, food security among others. In addition, the course wishes to be acquainted with stata concepts which will help in application of the statistical modelling. Further the course does not require prior attendance.
By the end of the training, the learner will be able to:
- Create and manipulate figures and graphs using stata.
- Have an understanding of the descriptive and inferential statistics as methods of data presentation
- Understand the basic functions that are utilized while using stata
- Understand the various methods of data collection and analysis
Module I: Statistical analysis introduction
- Research process
- Differentiation between population and samples
- Understanding the differences between experimental and non-experimental research
- Independent and dependent variable
Module II: Stata
- Datasets in Stata
- Stata commands
- Variables in Stata
- Stata analysis
Module III: Graphics using Stata
- Stata GUI
- Graph command syntax
- Forms of Graphs in Stata
Module IV: Statistical Tests using Stata
- One Sample T Test
- Independent Samples T Test
- Paired Samples T Test
- One-Way ANOVA
Module V: Associations in Stata
- Chi-Square test
- Pearson's Correlation
- Spearman's Rank-Order Correlation
Module VI: Predictive Models using Stata
- Linear Regression
- Multiple Regression
- Logistic Regression
- Ordinal Regression
Module VII: Panel Data Analysis using Stata
- Exploration of panel data
- Fixed effects model/LSDV
- Random effects model
- Choosing the appropriate model
Module VIII: Time Series Analysis using Stata
- Time series analysis using Stata
- Time series plotting
- Seasonal differences
- Auto correlations
- Forecast models in Stata
Module IX: Econometric Analysis
- Cross-sectional data econometric Analysis
- Panel data econometric Analysis
- Time-series data econometric Analysis
The instructor led trainings are delivered using a blended learning approach and comprises of presentations, guided sessions of practical exercise, web-based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are seasoned industry experts with years of experience, working as professional and trainers in these fields.
- The participant must be conversant with English.
- Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with an Authorized Training Certificate
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- The course fee includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and A Certificate upon successful completion of Training.
- One-year post-training support Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
- Payment should be done at least a week before commence of the training, to DATASTAT CONSULTANCY LTD account, as indicated in the invoice so as to enable us prepare better for you.