Training Course on Global Positioning System and Mobile Mapping for General Applications
By: Datastat Research Center
06 - 10 Feb, 2023 5 days
GPS Training course introduces the fundamentals of Global Positioning System (GPS) systems. It addresses all aspects of the GPS, emphasizes GPS architecture and applications, examines the GPS signal structure, modulation, access technologies and covers the key types of measurement being utilized in the field today. The course includes the applications for general mobile mapping.
The qualifying participants shall be all those interested knowing their positions/locations, navigate to places and make basic maps using handheld Global Positioning Systems (GPS)
The purpose of the course is to provide knowledge and technical skills in GPS technologies for data collection and navigation applications
- Introduction to GPS and GNSS Technologies & Applications
- GNSS Augmentation Systems and Availability in Africa
- Selecting coordinate systems (units, projections and datum)
- Data collections using Handheld GPS/GNSS devices
- Positional data download and export to CAD and GIS acceptable formats
- Data collection and database development using window mobile mapping (Arcpad, Terrasnyc etc ) and Android mapping software
The instructor led trainings are delivered using a blended learning approach and comprises of presentations, guided sessions of practical exercise, web-based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are seasoned industry experts with years of experience, working as professional and trainers in these fields.
- The participant must be conversant with English.
- Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with an Authorized Training Certificate
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- The course fee includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate upon successful completion of Training.
- One-year post-training support Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
- Payment should be done at least a week before commence of the training, to DATASTAT CONSULTANCY LTD account, as indicated in the invoice so as to enable us prepare better for you.
|Nairobi||Feb 06 - 10 Feb, 2023|
Registration: 08:40:am - 11:55:am
Sammy +254 724527104