The Agricultural Leadership Development Programme provides you with an exclusive training opportunity to develop your managerial, analytical and creative decision-making competencies in the agricultural sector by honing team building, negotiation, presentation, communication and leadership skills at a strategic management level.
The programme specifically focuses on strategic thinking and leadership development in a rapidly changing and competitive agri-business environment. During the programme, you will not only gain a better understanding of current agricultural issues and challenges farmers face, but also how they impact on establishing a stronger and more sustainable agricultural sector.
Who should attend?
- Managers and Supervisors in Agriculture Sectors
- Individuals who are interested in Agri-Business
- Entrepreneurs and Business Owners
- Agri-Business professionals who wish to enhance their skills and competencies
- Any professional who has to or is willing to work with Agri-Business.
The purpose of this programme is to:
- develop leadership skills in and for organised agriculture
- develop the ability to optimise diversity and group dynamics
- provide guidance for the development of a common understanding of the unique challenges and dynamics of agriculture.
- facilitate the crafting of a common vision with which opportunities can be pursued and challenges overcome, and
- focus on both local and international agricultural issues
- Corporate governance
- Environmental analysis
- Financial management
- Fresh produce marketing focus:
- overview on consumer trends, international market trends, local market trends, and developments regarding trading in Africa, and
- special presentation by leading fresh produce exporter and a leading local retailer.
- Labour relations and human resources
- Negotiation skills
- Personal development
- Presentation and communication skills
- Project management
- Risk management
- Supply chain management
- Team building
The instructor led trainings are delivered using a blended learning approach and comprises of presentations, guided sessions of practical exercise, web-based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are seasoned industry experts with years of experience, working as professional and trainers in these fields.
- The participant must be conversant with English.
- Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with an Authorized Training Certificate
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- The course fee includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate upon successful completion of Training.
- One-year post-training support Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
- Payment should be done at least a week before commence of the training, to DATASTAT CONSULTANCY LTD account, as indicated in the invoice so as to enable us prepare better for you.