This PetroKnowledge Steel Design using American Codes training course is a must for civil engineers working in Oil and Gas, Power plants, water treatment plants and residential projects. Participants of this workshop will gain advanced knowledge of structural engineering that includes behavior of materials under loading and design fundamentals for steel structures and connections design.
The course will provide sample illustration of real structures that will assist the designer to understand design methodologies and apply it on different types of buildings. The examples to be used would vary from the typical two-dimensional beams and frames to the three-dimensional multistory frames to special systems such as space frames. Throughout the course, the instructor shall start from the basics to ensure the full participation and comprehension of all attendants.
This Training Course will highlight:
- Selecting a suitable structural system and preparing the general layout
- Applying Loads and Load combinations as per IBC/UBC/ASCE
- Steel design as per AISC [ASD/LRFD]
- Steel connections design
- Case Studies
- Understanding the behavior of structural members under loading
- Learning how to apply design loads as per American codes of standard
- Analyze deformation of members under loading
- Undertake basic design of Steel Structures
- Performing difference types of steel connections design
By the end of this Training Course, Participants will learn to:
- Determine the most convenient geometry, structural system and layout.
- Use the American codes to calculate applied loads and load combinations
- Applying loads to structural models as per ASCE/IBC/UBC
- Design of structural steel as per AISC [ASD/LRFD]
- Designing steel connections and base plates
Civil engineers with interest in learning about structural steel design. As backgrounds may vary the instructor will start from the basics and work his way towards more details and to practical applications.
This Training Course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Design structural engineers
- Civil Engineers working in Oil and Gas field
- Power plants and Energy field
- Water/Waste water treatment plants
- Steel fabricators
- Construction Engineers
Participants to this training course will receive a thorough training on the subjects covered by the seminar outline with the Tutor utilising a variety of proven adult learning teaching and facilitation techniques. Seminar methodology includes case studies applications using computer software and carrying on design through workshops group work.