This training course focuses on the key actions that lead to true excellence in customer service. The best way to gain skills in handling customers is practice, so you will be encouraged to use real life examples from your experiences on the job to see how you can improve the quality of customer service you provide. You will leave the course with notes and templates to help you assess your behaviour when working with customers.
What is a Differentiated Customer Experience?
- Internal and external customer service, and customer service teams
- Your impact on the customer experience
- Projecting a 'brand' image
Meeting Customer Expectations
- Understanding customers' needs and expectations
- Why do customers complain?
- Barriers to effective communication
Communicating Positively with Customers
- The impact of poor listening and questioning
- Using information effectively
- Giving 'bad news' and saying 'no' constructively
Turning Complaints into Opportunities
- Defusing a difficult situation
- Demonstrating empathy - exploring options and alternatives
- Balanced behaviour responses
Ensuring Consistent Quality Service
- Acting on feedback from customers
- How to influence customer loyalty
- Improving the brand experience
Customer Service Staff, Cashiers.Customer Service Agents, Reception Staff, Administrators, Call Handlers, Telemarketers, Consultants, Supervisors, Team Leaders, Managers.
The training methodology combines lectures, discussions, group exercises and illustrations. Participants will gain both theoretical and practical knowledge of the topics. The emphasis is on the practical application of the topics and as a result participant will go back to the workplace with both the ability and the confidence to apply the techniques learned to their duties.