Evidence exists to show that diversity in the workplace leads to more creative thinking and better business outcomes. Teams are most effective when the gender balance is close to 50/50. Girls often outperform boys at school and many more now have the chance to go to university and gain qualifications. So, the question arises: why do fewer women rise to senior roles in most cultures?
This training course is designed to help employees recognize existing challenges for women in the workplace. How should women address career progression? How can they enhance their presence and gain confidence to enable them to break through glass ceilings? We will explore differences across sectors and in different cultures and seek to give women the opportunity to practice new skills in a safe environment.
By the end of the course, participants should be able to:
- Understand why people work and how work is changing
- Recognize the value of different leadership styles
- Develop skills for career progression
- Practice skills for greater personal presence
- Understand the challenges of work life balance
Who Should Attend?
This training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit: women in the workplace wanting to develop themselves and gain greater recognition.
- Young women planning careers
- Women employees wanting to gain preferment
- Senior women acting as role models
- HR professionals developing women employees
- Women heads of department
Day 1: The Nature of Work
- Work and identity
- Changing nature of work
- Impact of Technology on Work
- Different expectations of men and women
- 21st Century Challenges
- Benefits of 50/50 teams
Day 2: Women Leaders are Different
- Leadership styles
- How context impacts leaders
- Hard and soft skills of leaders
- How women are viewed in the workplace
- Overcoming cultural/social expectations
- Should women act like men?
Day 3: Skills for Career Advancement
- Sources of support in organisations
- Developing personal networks
- Negotiating with assertion
- Impact of role models
- Blurring boundaries between work and home
- Where does Responsibility for Career Management lie?
Day 4: Enhancing Personal Presence
- Developing Assertiveness Skills
- Communicating effectively
- Inner voice and confidence
- Influencing skills
- Presentation skills
- Dealing with difficult people
Day 5: Achieving Work Life Balance
- What is Spillover?
- Positive spillover leading to greater performance
- Depleting spillover adversely affecting work and home
- Difference between men and women
- Business case for diverse teams
- Action planning further development
- This course is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have vast experience as expert professionals in the respective fields of practice. The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works and case studies.
- Training manuals and additional reference materials are provided to the participants.
- Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a certificate.