Many projects are performed by highly competent, technically effective professionals who have little project management training. They manage projects without a good knowledge of the concepts, skills, tools and techniques of project management fundamentals. Learning project management on the job is an unnecessary burden for these individuals in an already challenging position. Consequently, this course is designed to provide practical project management skills, concepts, principles, tools and techniques participants can take back to their jobs, along with insights they will need to adapt them to specific oil and gas project environments.
The purpose of the course includes:
- Master fundamental project management skills, concepts and techniques
- Link project goals and objectives to clear, compelling stakeholders needs
- Develop the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
- Set realistic, measurable objectives and ensure positive results
- Estimate project costs and schedules using simple, proven techniques
- Establish a dependable project control and monitoring system