Modern supervisors and managers write reports frequently. This course will take participants through a step by step process of planning and writing a report to ensure easy understanding by the reader.
• Acquire the techniques of writing correct sentences using the rules of grammar.
• Avoid common mistakes in writing
• Use reader friendly style.
• Use graphics and other aids appropriately.
• Organise materials logically.
• Develop appropriate format for business, technical reports and emails.
• Achieve accuracy, conciseness, clarity and readability in their writing.
• The purpose and uses of business writing
• Identifying writing challenges
• The 7Cs of business writing and communication.
• Achieving clarity in writing (Active voice Vs. Passive Voice)
• Formats of letter, memos and letters
• Gathering information, planning, composing and revising
• Grammar and sentence construction
• Using graphs, charts, tables and pictures diagrams to communicate
• Writing persuasively to get action (SIP Model)
• Making your writing easier to read
• Executive summaries
• Dealing with misplaced and dangling modifiers
• Common mistakes in English
• Writing technical reports and proposals.
Who Should Attend?
Officers, supervisors, team leaders, managers and professionals who have to produce reports for internal and external audience.