This course will enable participants acquire the techniques of emotional intelligence and the benefits of using it. Employees are now being judged not just by how smart they are, but also how well they handle themselves and relate to others. The ability of individuals to understand their own emotions and those of the people they work with is the key to self-improvement and better business performance.
• Understand the difference between EQ and IQ
• Be aware of their emotions and the impact these have on their performance
• Assess their level of emotional intelligence
• Discover the benefits of EQ to themselves, their team and the organisation
• Build stronger working relationships with others
• Identify opportunities and strategies to apply EQ in their teams.
• What Emotional Intelligence is and why it matters
• IQ vs EQ
• The 5 components of Emotional Intelligence
• Emotional triggers
• Feelings, perception and beliefs
• Choosing and managing your emotions
• How to anticipate and prevent emotional hijack
• Communicating in an emotional intelligent way
• Looking and listening for emotional cues
• Building Rapport and trust
• Managing emotional boundaries
• Assessing your emotional quotient (psychometrics)
• How to build effective relationships
• Emotional bank account
• 90:10 Principle of relating with people
• Personal actions plan for the application of EI in your workplace
Who Should Attend?
Team leads, executives, supervisors and all those who relate with co-workers and customers.