Supply chain and logistics management have been among the fastest evolving business disciplines over the past two decades. The continuous arrival of innovative concepts and techniques into the mainstream has resulted in a non-stop journey of learning and development for professionals in supply chain and logistics. This course covers the latest essential practices in forecasting, planning, procurement, transportation, warehousing and logistics. It also covers the Supply Chain Operations Reference (SCOR) framework for continuous performance improvement across the supply chain.
Bottom of Form
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Recognize trends and modern practices in supply chain and logistics management
- Practice forecasting and inventory optimization techniques
- Appraise item categories and formulate appropriate sourcing strategies
- Describe the role and objectives of transportation management in logistics
- Use value adding warehousing techniques
- Apply the Supply Chain Operations Reference (SCOR) framework for management of supply chain performance
This highly interactive course includes trainer presentations, group activities, working in pairs, individual exercises, discussions, reflection, quizzes and case studies. Participants will have the opportunity to discuss their own challenges and share good practice with each other.
Supply chain and logistics professionals, in particular those at the operational, supervisory and management level. In addition, this course is ideal for those seeking to complement their supply chain and logistics experience with the latest theoretical knowledge in preparation for assuming a higher position.
- Supply chain management
- Forecasting and materials planning
- Reverse logistics
- Sustainable operations