Anger is a universal experience. Dogs get angry, bees get angry, and so do humans. You don’t have to be a psychologist to know that managing anger productively is something few individuals, organizations, and societies do well. Yet research tells us that those who do manage their anger at work are much more successful than those who don’t.
A co-worker who can productively confront his teammate about his negative attitude increases his team’s chance of success as well as minimizes destructive conflicts. The customer service agent who can defuse the angry customer not only keeps her customers loyal but makes her own day less troublesome. This course is designed to help give you and your organization that edge.
- Recognize how anger affects your body, your mind, and your behavior
- Use the five-step method to break old patterns and replace them with a model for assertive anger
- Use an anger log to identify your hot buttons and triggers
- Control your own emotions when faced with other peoples’ anger
- Identify ways to help other people safely manage some of their repressed or expressed anger
- Communicate with others in a constructive, assertive manner.
- What is Anger?
- About Anger
- Pre-Assignment Review
Costs and Pay-Offs
- The Costs of Anger
- What Are Your Anger Pay-Offs?
The Anger Process
- What is the Process?
- Understanding Trigger Thoughts
- Using an Anger Log
- Considering Our Anger
How Does Anger Affect Our Thinking?
- Is Anger the Best Response?
- Distorted Thinking
Understanding Behavior Types
- Coping Strategies
- Relaxation Techniques
Communication Tips and Tricks
Asking Good Questions
- Active Listening Skills
- The Assertive Formula
Personal Action Plan
Recommended Reading List
| Red Lens Centre, 21 Ajanaku Street, Awuse Estate, Opebi, Ikeja Lagos.
||Jun 02 - 03 Jun, 2022
Ms. Omolara Anomolowo 07081901320, 07087808664
10% off Group Registration
Mr. Muyiwa Adeaga & Mrs. Mary Ogbodo