This course consists of solid human resource principles, timely research and recent events, such as the latest rise in unemployment and financial problems facing different countries. It highlights challenges facing managers and employees. It also includes employee database management. Human resource management (HRM) is the strategic approach to the effective management of people in a company or organization such that they help their business gain a competitive advantage. It is designed to maximize employee performance in service of an employer's strategic objectives. Human resource management is primarily concerned with the management of people within organizations, focusing on policies and systems. This training course covers latest thinking, models and approaches to Human Resources Management.
Who Should Attend?
HR professionals who are planning on easing their work with the use if ICT will find this course particularly beneficial.
- Understanding the important role that human resources play in an organization.
- Understanding of recruiting, selecting, hiring, compensating, appraising, training, developing, reprimanding, promoting, demoting and firing employees.
- Understanding of laws affecting employees and potential employees.
- Understanding of problems that the human resources department faces and the
- Developing solutions to problems facing employees
- Use of relational database in employee information management
Module one: Human Resource Environment and Strategy
- HR Responsibilities and Roles
- Competitive Challenges Influencing HR
- Meeting Competitive Challenges
- Business Models and Strategic HR
- HR Strategy Formulation and Implementation
- Meeting Competitive Challenges via HRM Practices
Module two: Legal Environment and Job Analysis and Design
- Legal System and Equal Opportunity
- Types of Discrimination
- Legal Issue Related to Harassment and Employee Safety
- Work Flow Analysis and Organizational Structure
- Job Analysis
- Job Design
Module three: Planning and Selection
- Forecasting and Goal Setting
- Strategic Planning and Implementation
- Standards for Selection Methods
- Interviews, Application Blanks, and References
- Tests and Personality Inventories
Module Four: Training and Performance Management
- Designing Formal Training Programs
- Choosing and Evaluating Alternative Training Programs
- Cross-Cultural and Diversity Training and Socialization Programs
- Approaches to Measuring Performance
- Approaches to Employee Performance Management
- Administering Performance Feedback
Module Five: Employee Development and Retention
- Career and Development Planning
- Approaches to Employee Career Development
- Mentoring, Coaching and Succession Planning
- Managing Involuntary Turnover
- Managing Voluntary Turnover
- Measuring and Monitoring Job Satisfaction
Module six: Compensation
- External Equity and Market Surveys
- Internal Equity and Job Evaluation
- Current Challenges
- Merit Systems and Incentive Plans
- Organizational and Group Plans
- Managerial Pay and Strategic Fit
Module seven: Benefits and Labor Relations
- Historical Trends and Mandated Programs
- Non-Mandated Programs
- Employer Objectives and Strategies
- Goals, Structure and Trends
- Legal Framework and Organizing Process
- Contract Administration in Alternative Contexts
Module eight: Employee database management
- Introduction to database
- Creating an employee database
- Queries specific employee
- Forms for each database tables
- Employee reports creation
This course will be delivered by our skilled trainers who have vast knowledge and experience as expert professionals in the fields. The course is taught in English and through a mix of theory, practical activities, group discussion and case studies. Course manuals and additional training materials will be provided to the participants upon completion of the training.
The training will be held at our Upskill Training Centre. We also offer training for a group (at a discount of 10% to 50%) at requested location all over the world. The course fee covers the course tuition, training materials, two break refreshments, and buffet lunch.
Visa application, travel expenses, airport transfers, dinners, accommodation, insurance, and other personal expenses are catered by the participant
Participants will be issued with Upskill certificate upon completion of this course.