Managing an ever increasing volume of paper and electronic (digital) documents, records, knowledge and content can be very difficult. How do you best capture, manage and store the documents and records in your organization? Does your approach meet compliance requirements, security, regulations and standards? What is the best way to manage emails, web pages and electronic documents and paper records? How do you find the right documents and records when you need them? How does workflow and business process management work with documents and records management to help increase efficiency within your company? It is about attaining a records management benchmark of best practice, setting up methodology, processes and the resulting data storage and management system. This Documents and Records Management Master class program covers the strategies, tools, and techniques used to capture, categorize, manage, store, preserve (archive), and deliver documents and records in support of business processes.
This program is designed for Office Managers, Document controllers and administrators, Document and Records Management personnel, Document Management Supervisors, Users of Document and Records Management, Personnel seeking to enhance their skills, IT Management and senior registry officials. Attendance to this training program would enable participants to develop a records management programme and implement it in their organization.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the legal environment that surrounds records management and their responsibilities in terms of the law
- Make informed decisions relating to electronic records, and advise their organizations accordingly
- Conduct a records audit as a basis for developing a records management strategy
- Create and implement a records management roadmap and programme
- Understand the various standards applicable to records management
- Manage records on all formats
- Conduct an analysis of processes which impact on records management
- Develop a Business Classification Scheme or File Plan
- Implement a retention schedule
- Implement a systematic disposal programme to destroy or transfer records which no longer have value
- Understand the risks associated with various types of records media and protect against these risks.
- Understand vital records, and implement a vital records plan
- Develop a change and communications plan.
- Implement an on-going audit and assessment programme
|Lagos and Abuja
||Aug 01 - 05 Aug, 2022
Registration: 07:30:am - 09:00:am
Class Session: 09:00:am - 05:00:am
|NGN 180,000.00||(Discount available for group nomination)|
|USD 450.00||(Foreign Participants)|
Philip Asije 08029170491, 08068933608, 08145745664, 08051365946
Group Discount Available
Mrs. Ovesuor - R. E. B. A (Hons) MAS (Archives & Records Management) Chief Archivist, Nigeria Archives. She will join other facilitators to bring her experience to bear on our programsAdekunle A. Ogunsola – B.Sc., MBA. ACA. FCIS. - Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators of both London and Nigeria, an associate of Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN). He is also an associate of Nig. Institute of Management with multifaceted experiences spanning many Industries. He has worked in various capacities with a number of companies among which are: Statistician, Federal Office of Statistics, Manager, (Trade Financing) Integrated Trust and Investment Company Ltd, Assistant Registrar,(Consultancy and Corporate Affairs) with the Institute of Chartered Secretaries & Administrators of Nigerian, Senior Manager & Head. (Research and Development) University Press Plc., Senior Consultant and Head of Training with DACA Consults Ltd, Mr. Ogunsola is presently the Managing Consultant of Adex consult and Management Services. He has varying experiences in Research, finance and accounting, management, compliance and related areas. He will join others to share their experiences on this program.