The procurement function denotes the activities and responsibility for procuring materials, supplies and services. In very recent time, the function has been seen as those on which the expenditure of organizations depends and has been aptly tagged spend and process management. This perspective is more involving and deeper in meaning therefore this course will guide the discussion on the peak performance procurement practice.
Upon completion of this course the successful participant will have reliably demonstrated the ability to:
- Identify basic concepts of the procurement processes in other to deploy them in the procurement function
- Apply the principles of the procurement processes to reduce wastages of company resources.
- Identify the common global best practice in the spend management domain and be able to apply in his/her day-today work.
- Provide the much-needed support to the head of the procurement department due to an understanding of the fundamentals of the procurement function.
- •Basic and Modern Concept of Procurement Process
- •Principles of Procurement and Procurement Processes(Steps)
- •The Procurement Strategy
- •Procurement Sourcing and Outsourcing
- •The Procurement Planning Tools
- Procurement Contracts
- Top Procurement Mistakes
- Negotiation and Procurement
- Challenges of Procurement Professionals
- Inventory Management
- Vendor Management
- •Purchase Processes
- •Decision Support System
- •Habits of Highly Effective Procurement Professionals
- •Global Standards and Best Practice
- •Personal Effectiveness and Interpersonal Skills