To excel in Senior Office Managment, Administration or as a Secretary in a Project Management environment, you need to perfect your skills, to ensure you stay in control and on top of every one of your responsibilities.
You must have constant awareness of, and focus on, five (5) significant goals:
- Projects getting completed quicker and cheaper
- Saving on effort and cost with proactive scope management
- Quicker problems resolution
- Resolution of risks before problems occur to projects
- Communication with and management of clients expectations, donors, team members and other stakeholders more effectively.
After you receive this training excellently well, you should be well prepared with the following:
- Ability to prioritise and cope with multiple tasks in projects
- Ability to think as a great support to managers technically executing projects – planning, making decisions and solving problems
- Ability to use your communication skills to enhance relationships
- Ability to manage your thoughts and feelings and improve self-confidence
- Ability to be assertive and therefore more effective in the workplace
- Ability to understand and develop interpersonal skills.
Taking Control of Your Work
- Understand and clarify your purpose and vision
- External and internal customer service knowledge and skills
- Control, prioritise and organise your work
- Get your paperwork under control
- Streamline your office systems
- Make your office user friendly and efficient
- Make a long term plan to create the best office in the organization.
Essential Administrative Skills
- Harness the power of the mind – through Mind Mapping Techniques
- Problem solving techniques
- Get involved with meetings effectively
- Work successfully with more than one managers
- How projects are managed to meet deadlines
- Identify specific risks inherent in projects
- Plan and manage risk responses.
Vital Communication Skills
- Different styles of communication
- Write well with quality English
- Get conversant with Project Proposals preparation
- Get conversant with Project Report preparation
- Create an effective working relationship with various bosses
- Create an effective working relationship with peers
- Overcome biases and discomfort associated with stereotyping
- Master assertiveness skills
- Win-win conflict resolution.
Managing the Assets of the Project and the Organization
- Procurement analysis
- Importance of budgetary control
- The float or imprest account
- Track small cash expenses
- Manage stores items
- Control of costs
- Repairs and maintenance
- Health and Safety
- Security policy and management.
Project Stakeholder Management
- Identify Stakeholders
- Plan Stakeholder Management
- Manage Stakeholder Engagement
- Control Stakeholder Engagement
- Measure your performances and minimize variances.