This innovative course is focused on developing an important skill; one that often does not get the attention that it deserves and can sometimes be overlooked and that is how to manage your manager. Often, leadership workshops focus on how to manage others, meaning how to manage and lead those that you directly supervise however this also equally applies to managing your supervisor, managing “up”. How to manage your boss is a skill regardless of the relationship that you have or effective your boss is at doing their job. Your effectiveness can be a direct result of how you “manage up”.
- Understanding Different Personality types
- Understand the different management styles that exist in business today.
- Recognise the management styles of your senior managers and understand how to complement these styles through your own working methods.
- Dealing with Pressure and Priorities
- Importance of two-way communication and how to implement it effectively
- Understand how to motivate your managers for increased performance
- Emotional Intelligence in Managing your boss
- The power of Collaborations
By the end of the course, delegates will have:
- Enhance and elevate your performance and professional standing within your organization,
- Gain mastery of a skill that is transferrable in any industry and professional domain and
- Increase your personal sense of job satisfaction and engagement.