Petroleum Production Operations is a critical part of the upstream oil and gas sector. There is a significant and growing emphasis in the sector on selecting the optimum well design and equipment in order to maximise the efficiency of oil and gas recovery in a cost-effective manner. The essence of production engineering is to ensure oil and gas wells are flowing and continue to be economically viable by monitoring and evaluating the production and efficiency of the wells.
EuroMaTech’s Petroleum Production Operations training course will cover fundamental concepts of the oil and gas production cycle. The course will begin with a revision of Reservoir Engineering fundamentals and how to predict production performance, focusing then on the effect of well completion in production and finally concentrating on the most common operations and well interventions.
Delegates attending EuroMaTech’s Petroleum Production Operations training course will develop the following competencies:
- Historical production practices as well as current technological advances to maximize oil and gas production and overall resource recovery.
- Apply a logical approach to learn safe, least cost, integrated analytical skills to successfully define and manage oil and gas operations.
- Applied skills to guide the participants with a framework to make careful, prudent, technical oil and gas business decisions.
EuroMaTech’s Petroleum Production Operations training course aims to help participants to develop the following critical objectives:
- Become conversant with petroleum production operation
- Develop empathy for the challenges faced by the industry related to production operations
- Develop the vocabulary and understanding of roles necessary to facilitate discussions with other professionals on production operations