Communication skills are built on a foundation of confidence, self-awareness and positive relationships. It plays an essential role in all aspects of our professional and private lives. Most people would claim to be fairly confident and capable communicators, but in reality, effective communication skills and service mastery are rare and desirable assets. It is a wide skill area that requires a lot of concerted effort and gradual improvements to reach high proficiency. Effective Communication is also vital to quality service delivery.
This course is designed to help participants improve their communication skills and enhance their service delivery across board. It is tailored to equip participants with the skills required to communicate effectively, sharpen their interpersonal relationship skill, manage protocols, deliver excellent service, manage their emotions and communicate well under stress, etc.
At the end of this 5-day intensive training, participants will be able to:
- Learn the foundational skills necessary for effective communication: while developing their listening and questioning skills.
- Learn effective communication skills which will serve them in dealing with complaints and objections as well as the ability to communicate with brevity and impact.
- Effectively manage their emotions during communication.
- Learn how to write effective emails, memo and routine business letters.
- Understand techniques for dealing with stressful communications.
- Develop a plan to combat mean-spirited humor.
- Recognize how one's attitude affects service standards.
- Develop effective strategies for building exceptional working relationship with their bosses and other people around them.
- Build self esteem and confidence while maintaining a positive outlook.
- Explain what customer service means in relation to internal and external customers.
- Handle difficult people/customers with skill and professionalism.
- Apply telephone techniques to save time and satisfy customers.
- Understand time pressures and the need for time management, among others.