Emotionally intelligence is essential for workplace success. Emotionally intelligent leaders and employees can help build effective relationships for enhancing work productivity. Understanding and enhancing employee Emotional Intelligence is vital for leadership and workplace success.
Daniel Goleman in his ground-breaking research showed that up to 85% of the success that individuals are able to achieve is driven by their Emotional Intelligence – their ability to understand and manage themselves, and to understand and manage others. Organizations must therefore build the capabilities for emotional intelligence and teamwork in their teams in order to drive the results and successes that organizations desire.
This Emotional Intelligence and Teamwork training course is beneficial to a wide range of audience, and in particular:
- Team Leaders
- Anyone who is an acting or aspiring leader in any sector of industry and/or business
Participants on the Emotional Intelligence and Teamwork training course will:
- Explore a paradigm-shifting view of success that will lay the foundation for an elevated understanding of emotional intelligence and teamwork
- Identify the tools and the pillars of the emotional intelligence framework and the skills and behaviours that drive emotional intelligence.
- Apply a number of tools to improve the ability to understand others and make the most out of relationship with others.
- Understand and apply these tools and techniques for fostering teamwork in the workplace
Module 1: Developing Emotional Intelligence in the Workplace
- What is Emotional Intelligence Quotient (EQ)?
- Intrapersonal and Interpersonal Skills
- Emotional Excellence in the Workplace
- Understanding Your Personality Style
- Emotional Intelligence for Innovative Teamwork
- Removing Blocks to Innovative Teamwork through EQ
Module 2: Becoming an Emotionally Intelligent Leader
- Accurate Self-assessment for Personal Transformation
- Knowing One’s Strengths and Weaknesses
- Managing self effectively
- Inspiring and Guiding Individuals and Teams
- Nurturing Relationships
- Developing Trustworthiness for Corporate Transformation
Module 3: Building Effective Relationships
- Getting Things Done through People
- Managing our mind effectively
- Accountable Leadership for Managing Performance
- Working with Others towards Shared Goals
- From Delegation to Empowerment
- Building Productive Relationships
Module 4: Leading Others with Emotional Intelligence
- Understanding the 4 Stages of Human Development
- Motivating Oneself and Motivating Others
- Managing our spirit for developing Thankfulness
- Leading others effectively
- Developing Creativity in the Workplace
- Innovative Teamwork
Module 5: Implementing Emotionally Intelligent Persuasive Communication
- The Positive Influence of Listening
- Active Listening Skills
- Handling Conflict Effectively
- Effective Persuasion
- Learning Experiences and Action Plan
- Developing an Action Plan
Expected Learning Outcome
- Enhanced Leadership Skills for self and others
- Improved Communication among Teams
- Increased Emotional Intelligence for Team Bonding and Conflict Management/Resolution
- Innovative Teamwork and Corporate Transformation
- Positive Work Atmosphere for Workplace Productivity
This course relies on the use of individual and group debriefs. The course also features the use of several case studies and presentations by participants followed by plenary discussions. In addition, group discussions, videos and exercises are used to demonstrate the skills required for effective learning.
What You Will Get?
- Session Plan – Details what is included in the course, so participants have complete awareness, and the trainer can track course progress.
- PowerPoint Slides– All slides necessary to run the course. Please note: Our materials are not ‘Death by PowerPoint’. The major content is in the Trainers Notes and all courses have been designed to be interactive rather than presentational.
- Case Studies – This is a method which provides descriptive situations which stimulate trainees to make decisions. The purpose of the case method is to make trainees apply what they know, develop new ideas to manage a situation or solve a problem.
- Activities/Exercises– A detailed explanation of the activities/exercises used to consolidate learning (these are included in the trainer’s notes)
- Pre-course Preparation – Basic advice on running the training course and also any necessary preparation that is specific to the course.
- Certificate – A recognition to be awarded as proof of proficiency, having fulfilled all requirements.