The C-suite in most organizations consists of the CEO, CFO, CIO and/or COO, while HR is placed at D-level (i.e., directorate designation). Historically, when it came to HR professionals, the edict was to "fight for a seat at the table" or "prove your worth" when it came to reporting directly to the CEO. HR is still widely viewed as a strictly transactional processing center filled with paper pushers who only exist to say "no" to everything.
This outdated thinking holds many organizations back. You can read any business publication for countless examples of organizations that don't have HR represented in their C-suite and the trouble and challenges they encounter as a result. Often, HR is only included after something goes awry or requires some cleanup, even though experience tells us that is not optimal.
- The C-Suite and its dynamics: Why HR Management in the C-Suite
- Essentials for effectiveness of HR in the C-Suite: (what you need to get in and succeed)
- Strong foundation of functional knowledge backed with vast and relevant experience
- The C-Suite Personality: big-picture orientation, future-focused visionary, decision-making capability, and healthy self-awareness
- Strong leadership capability
- C-Suite HR Strategy: (What you should be doing when you get there)
Building culture that support the organization’s strategic direction
- Talent management of the C-Suite
- Accelerating leadership capability development of the C-Suite
- How to drive collaboration in the C-Suite for collective ownership of HR initiatives.
- The place of HR in the Boardroom
- Overview of corporate governance and boardroom dynamics - What is corporate governance and why is it relevant for HR
Boardroom dynamics: Clarifying common misconceptions.
- Boardroom Politics and its implications for HR Management
- Case Studies.
Tips for successfully managing Boardroom politics
This training seeks to help HR professional to:
- Understand Board Dynamics
- Provide Insight on How to Management Engagement at the Board Level.
- Understand and Manage Board Room Politics.
- Understand the C-Suite Personality