About the Course
Management is the key to success for any organization, it is universally applied in all fields of organized human activity therefore, office management is an integral part of the total management of the organization, it provides centralized guidance, which diverts the individual efforts towards a common goal or objectives.
Office Management personnel are the backbone of every company. They are instrumental in making sure everything in the office runs smoothly on a daily basis, which means ensuring office equipment is maintained, all records are up to date, whilst carrying out various administrative functions.
This course is intended to equip participants with the skills to handle a range of office management responsibilities including organizing, managing and coordinating the office and the workplace environment, incorporating the personnel, equipment’s and systems.
This course is specially developed for personnel in office management, administration, supervision, coordination and any other professional who seeks to gain skills in office Management.
What you will learn
By the end of this training the participants will be able to gain skills on:
- Managing and supporting all administrative duties in the office and ensure that office is operating smoothly
- Managing the guest experience and ensure a personal, friendly experience for anyone coming into the office, and maintain complete accessibility in both availability and warmth of character
- Implementing established policies and procedures, measure outcomes against standards, and improve operational flow when identified
- Coordinating internal and external resources and monitoring budgets and expenditures
- Managing office supplies inventory and place orders as necessary
- Managing office layout and planning and office moves IT infrastructure
Introduction to Office Management
- Principles of office management
- Administrative functions of an office
- Contemporary Vs modern office management
- Office management and technology
- Understanding delegation
- Principles of effective delegation
- Recording and task prioritization
- Managing feedbacks
- Communication styles
- Oral and verbal communication skills
- Networking skills
- Email and telephone calls management
People Management Skills
- Understanding workplace dynamics
- Goal setting
- Emotional intelligence
- Decision making strategies
- Conflict Management
Office Finances and Procurement Functions
- Understanding financial documents
- Expenditure monitoring
- Procurement management
- Asset management
Customer Service Skills
- Customer care strategy
- Managing customer expectations
- Maintaining positive impression
- Managing customer feedback
Documents and Records Management
- Information and data management
- Filing methods and types
- Documents privacy and security
- Records management Systems
Office Performance Measurement
- Understanding workplace regulations
- Principles of performance management
- Performance assessment
Leadership and Governance
- Introduction to corporate governance
- Strategic leadership
- Teamwork development
- Accountability mechanisms
This course is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have vast experience as expert professionals in the respective fields of practice. The course is taught through a mix of presentations, practical activities, discussions, class exercises and case studies.
Training notes and additional reference materials are provided to the participants.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a certificate.
We can also do this as tailor-made course to meet organization-wide training needs. A training needs assessment will be done on the training participants to collect data on the existing skills, knowledge gaps, training expectations and tailor-made needs.