At Perk Group Africa, we understand that learning and applying new statistical techniques can be daunting experience. This course will focus on providing an overview of data analytics using Stata.
The Course covers a comprehensive introduction to Stata and its various uses in modern data management and analysis. You will understand the many options that Stata gives you in manipulating, exploring, visualizing, and modelling complex types of data. By the end of the course, you will feel confident in your ability to engage with Stata and handle complex data analytics. The focus of each session will consistently be on creating a “good practice” and emphasizing the practical application and interpretation of commonly used statistical techniques without resorting to deep statistical theory or equations. No prior engagement with is Stata needed. Some prior statistics knowledge will help but is not necessary.
Like for other professional statistical packages the course focuses on the proper application - and interpretation - of code.
Some basic quantitative/statistical knowledge will be required since this is not an introduction to statistics course but rather the application and interpretation of such using Stata.
In General, the topics covered include:
- Getting started with Stata.
- Viewing and exploring data
- Manipulating data
- Visualizing data
- Correlation and ANOVA
- Regression including diagnostics (Ordinary Least Squares)
- Regression model building
- Hypothesis testing
- Binary outcome models (Logit and Probit)
- Fractional response models (Fractional Logit and Beta Regression)
- Categorical choice models (Ordered Logit and Multinomial Logit)
- Simulation techniques (Random Numbers and Simulation)
- Count data models (Poisson and Negative Binomial Regression)
Who this course is for:
- Anyone wanting to work with Stata.
- Economics/Politics/Social Science students working with data.
- Those working in policy and government analyzing data.
- Business managers using quantitative evidence.
- Anyone involved in Data Management and Data Analysis
Presentations are well guided, practical exercise, a plenary presentation, and group work. Participants are encouraged to bring any data relevant to their job responsibilities. This is hands-on, product-oriented training and will mostly involve practical exercises. Each participant MUST bring along their own working laptop and android phone.
Upon completion of training, the participant will be issued with a certificate of Completion.