Advanced Mapping and Spatial Analysis using QGIS
By: Perk Group Africa
17 - 21 Jul, 2023 5 days
Venue: Nairobi, Kenya
Explore the world of spatial analysis and cartography with geographic information systems (GIS). In this class you will learn the basics to advanced applications of the industry’s leading FREE & OPEN-SOURCE software QGIS, for 5 days long modules.
Aims and objectives.
- To develop delegates understanding of the fundamental concepts of GIS, its components, and applications
- To introduce the more advanced functionality of QGIS and spatial analysis.
- To teach the advanced skills needed to obtain, import, manipulate, analyse, interpret, manage, and output spatial data.
- To demonstrate real-world uses of GIS.
- Highlight the importance and utility of a Geographic Information System (GIS), its integration, and applicability in a variety of professional sectors.
- Learn about GIS key tools in an appropriate and professional way, usage of vector and raster data information to develop complex spatial analysis.
- Gain experience in data preparation, layout development, map creation, and high-quality product delivery.
Learning outcomes - by the end of the course, delegates will have a knowledge and understanding of:
- Working with spatial databases including importing existing data sets.
- Manipulating coordinate systems in QGIS.
- Advanced field calculations.
- Working with topologies.
- Vector processing including tools such as a union.
- Raster processing and how to use the raster calculator.
- PostGIS databases
|Nairobi, Kenya||Jul 17 - 21 Jul, 2023|
Registration: 09:00:am - 05:00:am
|USD 950.00||(Registration fee)|
Perk Group Africa +254712028449
|GIS QGIS Mapping Spatial Analysis Training in Nairobi Seminars in Nairobi Courses in Nairobi Workshop in Nairobi Kenya July 2023|