Biosciences Research Support Foundation (BRSF) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization registered in Nigeria by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) established under the Companies and Allied Matters Act (Cap 59) Laws of Nigeria 1990.
BRSF was conceived in early 2014 out of the increasing necessity for more support, recognition and encouragement for scientists working in the fields of biological, medical and biomedical sciences. BRSF is committed to contributing towards the development, training and supporting of quality researchers, especially young scientists in the fields of biological, medical and biomedical sciences. At the moment, the Foundation will direct its efforts to supporting scientists in developing countries, with a view to expanding in the near future.
BRSF hopes to fulfil its goal by:
- Promotion of interaction and collaboration between young scientists in biological, medical and biomedical sciences working in developing countries and their counterparts in developed countries
- Identifying and recognition of outstanding and promising young scientists by awards of grants, fellowships, scholarships and other financial supports for quality research works
- Organization of international events like special meetings and hands-on training courses/workshops with co-participation of international scientists on relevant fields
- Development of free access journal systems for publication of quality research works, peer-reviewed by international experts in relevant fields
- Collaboration with similar organizations