Abuja Enterprise Agency (AEA) is the Federal Capital Territory Administration (FCTA) vehicle for SME development, employment generation, wealth creation and poverty reduction. The Agency was set up in 2006 as a company Limited by Guarantee (RC No. 645694) by the FCT in collaboration with the Small and Medium Enterprise Development Agency of Nigeria (SMEDAN) and with supports from the United Kingdom’s Department for International Development (DFID).
AEA’s vision is to be the Entrepreneurial Symbol in Africa, supporting businesses to attain their full potential, become sustainable and continually generate wealth. Inspired by this vision, AEA has developed wide range of programmes covering Entrepreneurship and Vocational Training, Business Advisory and Business Linkages Provision, Microcredit and Business Expansion Support, and Venture Creation and Regulatory Support.
Since inception, AEA has focused on expanding its knowledge base in Enterprise Development, providing support for the MSME and creating high impact linkages to move from the surplus areas to scarcity space. Through these efforts, AEA has reached over 10,650 businesses through training and enterprise development, impacted over 500,000 people through its various campaigns (Financial Literacy, Entrepreneurship, SME Expo) on print media, jingles and paper presentation. In addition, the Agency regularly holds seminars, workshop, study tours, outreaches and trainings.
VISION AND MISSION STATEMENT Vision: To be the symbol of entrepreneurial development in Africa Mission: To provide excellent support services to entrepreneurs by developing relevant programmes and activities to start and nurture their businesses
- To create 100,000 jobs by 2025
- To support 2,000 businesses annually
- To encourage entrepreneurship in every home in the FCT
Focus Areas Services
- Generate Employment Training
- Wealth Creation Business Advisory and Mentorship
- Poverty Reduction Outreach Services
- Access to Finance Rural Community Development
- Workspace provision Access to Finance
- Policy Advocacy
- Provision of Business Advisory Enterprise Promotion
- Training and Research Services
- Research and Consultancy Workspace Facilitation