The purpose of the position of the webmaster is to manage the design, implementation, documentation, training and troubleshooting of our web resources.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Develops, designs, implements and maintains all our web properties:
- Coordinates plans for all website communication.
- Monitors, improves, and updates the publication and performance of all our websites.
- Takes responsibility for the content, quality, design and style of our websites
- Enforces guidelines, standards, board policies and state laws as they pertain to all our websites
- Optimizes web architecture for navigability (browser and mobile platforms)
- Maintains, converts and optimizes published documents for online use.
- Track and analyze web traffic statistics for periodic reporting and review of content effectiveness.
- Check hyperlinks regularly to insure validity
- Create user manuals for administrative software designed with our website tasks in mind
Additional Job Functions
Remain current in new and advanced web software and design practices and train other webmasters for migration into the new software and procedures.
Job Requirements: Minimum Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational and communication skills. Ability to work well with others
- Knowledge of SQL or MySQL Database queries and functions for custom web reporting and formatting.
- Strong HTML tagging & CSS manipulation; ability to construct web sites from start to finish; and
- Graphic design skills and use in graphic artistry tools such as Adobe Creative Suite
- Organizational skills in file management with a large variety of file types.
- Proficient in the management and use of Google, Bing and other webmaster tools
- Deep SEO & SEM expertise, including keyword analysis, Social Media SEO, Google Analytics and other analysis tools
- Proficient in the management of WHM and reseller /webhosting packages
- Business writing skills is very helpful
Responsibilities include: working under limited supervision following standardized practices and/or methods: leading, guiding, and/or coordinating others. Utilization of resources from other work units is often required to perform the job's functions. There is a continual opportunity to impact the organization’s services.
The job is performed in a generally hazard free environment.
Job related experience with increasing levels of responsibility is required. Webmaster candidates must have a minimum of two years of full time SEO experience, demonstrate excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills, be able to articulate SEO best practices, tactics and organic ranking strategies and provide reference web sites demonstrating superb web development and page one SERP results.
Bachelor’s degree in job related area
- Two or more years related industry experience
- Certified Internet Web Professional (CIW) or equivalent certifications
Certificates & Licenses
Certified Internet Web Professional (CIW) or equivalent certifications preferred.
Salary Grade: to be discussed
Please include references of web sites which have been developed and search engine optimized
If you match the above profile, please apply online.
Thank you to all applicants but only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Click Here to Apply
Application closes on the 30th of July 2014