The term ‘forensic’ means suitable for courts of justice or for public discussion and debate. Forensic auditing provides an investigation methodology and accounting analysis that is suitable to the court which will form the basis for discussion, debate and ultimately dispute resolution. This course concentrates on practical advice for online delegates in the fight against fraud, with focus on deterrence, data mining and interviewing in a stressed environment. It provides an incisive analysis of how fraud occurs within an organization and explains the latest techniques for fighting it. Corruption is exposed and the methods it takes. Participants are exposed to the professional requirements for a career in forensic accounting. Upon successful completion of this online course, participants shall be awarded the Certified Professional Forensic Accountant by the Institute of Certified Forensic Accountants, USA and Canada.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Detect white collar crimes within an organization.
- Identify various types of fraud
- Demonstrate skills for Forensic Investigations.
- Display anti-money laundering skills
- Conduct forensic auditing of most industries and MDAs
- Write forensic accounting investigation reports.
- Apply forensic accounting skills in the prosecution of economic crimes.
- Present forensic evidence in courts successfully.
- Write the Institute of Certified Forensic Accountants, USA/Canada certification exam with assurance of success
- Write various other forensic accounting and fraud examination tests successfully
- Lesson 1- Forensic Accounting 101
- Forensic accounting explained
- The History of Forensic Accounting
- The need for Forensic Accountants
- Increase in fraud?
- Growth of Forensic Accounting
- Services offered by Forensic Accountants
- Forensic Accounting in Africa
- Investigating agencies
- Capacity building for Africa
- What is fraud
- Fraud background
- The Fraud Triangle
- Pressure or Incentive
- Rationalization or Justification
- Bank frauds
- Types of Cheque scams
- Stolen Checks
- Demand draft fraud
- And 300 other exciting topics