The objective of this course is to help participants gain a comprehensive knowledge of elements that are essential for the design, operation, and maintenance of pipelines. The design of the gathering network, pressure drops, fluid pattern, and the network arrangement will be discussed in detail. A gathering network simulator (Pipesim or equivalent) will be used to obtain the best operating and design conditions for the system. The course will also provide a practical way to learn about the elements considered in the design, code, factors, legislation, material selection, corrosion (internal and external) considerations, and management. Hydrotesting, pigging (cleaning and smarts), pipeline integrity analysis using inspection survey, monitoring data, fitness for purpose, risk analysis, and predictive and preventative maintenance will also be covered
- To provide an overview of the fundamental engineering principles for the design, construction and operation of onshore and offshore energy pipeline transportation systems.
- To address the analytical, physical and numerical modelling techniques used in engineering practice for the design of onshore and offshore pipeline systems.
- Pipeline Code and Standards
- Preliminary Survey
- Flow of Fluid in Pipelines
- Wall Thickness
- Two Phase
- Flow Pattern Maps
- Flow System
Gathering System and Pipeline Design
- Gathering system
- Pipeline configuration
- Pipeline design
- Location classification
Pipeline Construction and Testing
- Pipeline construction
- Hydrostatic test
- Corrosion considerations
- Types of internal and external corrosion
- Method to prevent or mitigate corrosion in pipelines
- How corrosion allowance is determined or selected
Pipeline Operation, Inspection, Maintenance, and Integrity
- Pipeline operation
- Coating monitoring and inspection
- Integrity management
For Whom: Mechanical Engineers, Technicians, Operators, Maintenance Managers, Operations Supervisors and others involved in the maintenance and operation of pumps systems.
|10, Mojidi Street, Off Toyin Street, Ikeja - Lagos.
||Nov 22 - 24 Nov, 2023
Registration: 10:00:am - 05:00:am
|NGN 135,000.00||(The workshop fee will cover Bag, Flash Drive, Workshop Materials, Jotter, Pen, Lunch, Tea/Coffee Breaks, Photograph, and Certificate.)|
Special Discount: 2 - 4 participants attracts 5% discount while 5 and Above attracts 10% discount for the same course and same date.
A distinguished team of facilitators who are eminently qualified professionals has been assembled to lead discussions in course of the workshop.