Most managers know, regardless of their levels of experience, that the people-performance issues are the greatest challenges of their jobs. The secret to success is to be able to multiply your effectiveness through others. This course is for professionals who are interested in advancing their supervisory and managerial capabilities using coaching and mentoring skills. The course introduces the core skills and qualifications required to become an ideal coach or mentor, and it describes how the coaching and mentoring processes really work.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Define and explain the meaning and the different types of coaching
- Understand why, how and when to apply coaching in a workplace setting
- Understand and explain the benefits of coaching and why sometimes coaching fails
- Learn the skills, characteristics, and qualifications of the ideal coach
- Improve communication skills to enhance the effectiveness and the quality of coaching sessions
- Learn and apply a variety of coaching strategies, tools and techniques
- Understand the practical application of mentoring and how to create and manage mentoring relationships in the workplace
Who is this Training Course for?
Managers and supervisors whose responsibilities require coaching and mentoring others with the aim to help them achieve and exceed their performance targets.
How will this Training Course be Presented?
The programme is delivered as a blended learning solution consisting of Online components of self-directed learning supplemented by virtual classroom based lectures and workshops.
The Course Content
Module One: Course Overview
Module Two: Defining Coaching and Mentoring
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Matching Mentors
- Defining Coaching
- Coaching Skills
Module Three: Coaching Assessment Review
- Coaching Assessment and Scoring
- Making Connections
Module Four: Interpersonal Communication Skills
- What are Communication Skills?
- Getting Better with Communication
- Probing Techniques
- Active Listening Skills
Module Five: Critical Coaching Skills
Module Six: Setting Goals with SPIRIT
- Setting Achievable Goals
- Getting on Track
Module Seven: Learning Styles and Principles
Module Eight: The Benefits/Consequences Matrix
Module Nine: Skills Involved in Coaching
Module Ten: The Coaching Model
Module Eleven: Giving Effective Feedback
Module Twelve: Coaching Problems and Solutions