Tom Associates Training
5/7 Alade Lawal Street, opposite Anthony Police Station, Anthony Village, Lagos, Nigeria
CMD Accredited Training Provider
Since February 1992 that we commenced business, Tom Associates Training has attained the level of a foremost, very steady, and creative management training institution in Nigeria today. We have built our reputation through our committed focus on Management Training. Our programmes and courses are designed and delivered to prepare middle-level executives for top-level strategic responsibilities.Our Philosophy
Our logo reflects our philosophy: Brighten up the knowledge, creativity and skills of young managers. Continuously stimulate the minds of managers who participate in the courses as only stimulated minds sustain their capacity for productive output.
Training Categories We Offer
We have over the years built up gradually, a formidable faculty of Trainers, as part-and full-time members, who competently deliver courses that cover, at present, the following 14 programme areas listed in alphabetical order:
- Administrative Skills programmes
- Bank Training programmes
- Business Strategy and Management programmes
- Computing Skills programmes
- Customer Service programmes
- Financial Management and Accounting programmes
- Human Resources Management programmes
- Leadership and Supervisory Development programmes
- Maintenance and Engineering programmes
- Marketing Strategy programmes
- Production Processes Management programmes
- Public Service Development programmes
- Self-Mastery and Development programmes
- Selling Skills and Sales Management programmes.
What We Offer
Tom Associates Training programmes are developed based on the competencies of the professionals that join our faculty year-in, year-out. That is to say that our programme areas will expand as we are able to bring in competent professionals in new programme areas.
Frequency of Our Training
Currently Tom Associates Training mounts an average of 500 training events yearly, ranging from One-day to Five-day programme durations. We mount 80 percent of the courses in our two Management Development Centers located in Lagos, Lagos State and Ilorin, Kwara State. Our two Centre scans accommodate 14 classes running simultaneously. The 14 classrooms range in capacity of between 3 and 60 participants.
Training Aids and Equipment
- Participant’s manuals.
- Computer and Projector.
- White board and Markers.
- Flip chart.
- Models (as relevant) and other practice materials.
The following training methods will often be adopted:
- Facilitator-led instructions.
- Games and Exercises –Group and Individual.
- Case studies.
- Self tests.
- Individual development plans.
Tom Associates Training clients are in excess of 200 organisations, year-on-year:
- Local, national and multinational private organisations
- Public sector organisations
- Distributed widely between private and public sectors.
Some Selected Clients
In our 29 years in the business of training managers, Tom Associates has trained tens of thousands of numerous companies. We have also trained the officials of several public sector organization at the Federal and State Governments levels. Majority of them still patronize Tom Associates Training today. We want to note it specially, however, that in the last three years, Tom Associates Training got uniquely involved in the training of Small and Medium Scale Enterprises because of government policies that favor them at present. For a selection of industries that regularly contract Tom Associates to train their employees, we highlight:
- Food and Beverages
- Oil and Gas
- Health Sector
- Computer Companies
- Public Sector
Real Experts, Sound Experience in Facilitation
Tom Associates works in alliance with some 70 senior professionals’ year-in-year-out. These professionals share their experience as trainers/ facilitators of our programmes. Our regular programme trainers include Chief Executives of publicly quoted and private companies as well as the civil service. They are very senior professionals who are either in full time employment and teach in our classes on part-time basis or are retired and are teaching in our classes and consulting for our clients. Our fulltime faculty members are always on hand each time other professionals lecture part-time.
- Chief Executive: Mr. Abiodun Toki
- Non-Executive Director: Prof. Adegbemi Onakoya
- Chief Operating Officer/ Executive Director: Mrs. Tolu Jegede
- Senior Consultant: Mr. Uche Josephat Ezugwu
- Course Coordinator: Miss Odejobi Mayowa
- Course Coordinator: Miss Oduenyi Adaobi
- Asst. Course Coordinator: Mr. Bello Peter
- Head Of Account/Admin: Mr. Binuyo Abiodun
- Financial Consultant: Mr. Saka Gbadura
Tom Associates Training is fully accredited by:
- Centre for Management Development (CMD).
- Industrial Training Fund (ITF).
- Chartered Institute of Personnel Management of Nigeria (CIPM).
- The Chartered Institute Of Bankers Nigeria (CIBN).
- Nigerian Institute of Training and Development (NITAD).
- Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF).
- Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR).
- National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC).
- Oil and Gas Trainers’ Association of Nigeria (OGTAN).
- Lagos State Consultancy Board.
- Lagos State Government Preferred Consultant Certification.