Unilag Consultancy Services was established by the Governing Council of University of Lagos in July 1983 and was registered under the Business Names Act of 1961 with registration number 459866. It is owned 100% by the University of Lagos.
The mission and mandate of Unilag Consult are:
- To ensure full participation of the University in the national development efforts.
- To make available to the larger community, the professional and technical expertise of members of staff of the University.
- To provide an enhanced opportunity for staff and students to put theory into practice, thereby acquiring experience in practical problems-solving which can be transferred to teaching and curriculum development.
In line with its mission and mandate, Unilag Consult has been privileged to render consultancy services to several local, national and international organisations in the area of applied and action-oriented/need-driven research projects as well as skill development programmes.
Our main focus in Unilag Consult has always been on rendering innovative R & D Consultancy Services to:
- Enhance the productive capacity of government at all levels, private sector, groups and individuals;
- Provide scientific, technical and technological solutions to national and community development problems.
- Provide strategic and management support through capacity building programmes, to enhance decision making in public and private sectors
- Identify major national sustainable development problems with a view to designing, social, economic, industrial, engineering, environmental, science and technological research needed to address them.