Polar-Afrique Consulting (PAC) aims to upgrade the human and institutional capacity for development policy and business management in African countries. It is essentially a knowledge hub to support the effective management of the development and business processes by using strategies and instruments to foster best practice in the critical areas of debt, macroeconomic, financial, and strategic management of public and private sector organizations of African countries.
Specifically, the aim of Polar-Afrique is to improve capacity for:
- Strategic management: project design and project management,
- Project monitoring and evaluation (M&E)
- Educational services
- Writing and editing of reports and documents and bringing them to publication level
- Entrepreneurship capacity building
- Youth empowerment
- Human resource (HR) management, business facilitation, change management.
- Sovereign debt management encompasses the technical and institutional dimensions, including legal, operations, database management, policy and strategy both at national and sub-national levels.
- Macroeconomic management focuses on analysis and management of the economy including planning, budgeting and forecasting.
- Financial sector management covers financial advisory and consultancy services, foreign exchange flows and reserves, micro finance, regulation and supervision of financial institutions, payment systems and risk management analysis.
PAC was incorporated in 2007 to provide cutting edge advisory, research, consultancy, training and capacity building services to public and private institutions desirous to achieve strong growth and stay competitive.