Newways consulting in collaboration with centre for public service productivity and development holds a workshop titled: building a patron-driven e-library in era of limited resources
During the print era, academic library collections were built with physical objects, and therefore had to be anticipatory in nature. That is to say, the only effective way to meet academic needs was to have the physical objects (books and journals) waiting on shelves before patrons knew that they would be needed.
This meant that collections had to be built using a combination of speculation (“what will our patrons need?”) and professional expertise (“what constitutes a good collection?”). in the online era, when scholarly information is no longer delivered primarily by means of physical objects; it is now possible to give patrons access to books that have not yet been purchased, and to purchase them only when need has been demonstrated by actual use.
As a result of the new development and current needs, it is imperative that we equip the staffs of higher institutions to cope with challenges affecting e-libraries in higher Institution.
- Overview of Open Access and digital repositories: definitions, repository frameworks, important global initiatives
- Strategic planning for Open Access and repositories
- Local usage measurement tools
- COUNTER Usage Statistics
- Impact, relevancy and popularity
- Electronic Resource Management tools
- How to use e-library
- The e-Future Challenge
- Experiences with E-Learning in Academic Education
- Emerging Standards in E-learning
- Practice Sessions
- Syndicate Sessions
Who Should Attend?
- Librarians, Library Officers, Lecturers, ICT staff etc in Universities, Polytechnics,
- Colleges of Education and other organisations.
||Aug 09 - 11 Aug, 2022
|Lagos, State, Nigeria
||08 - 10 Nov, 2022
|NGN 165,000.00||(The program fees covers tuition, Course Materials, Tea/Coffee and Break, Lunch, Bag, Certificate of participation and administration)|
Dr Chris Egbu +2348023194131
Organisation sponsoring more than two staff will get 20% discount and Payment before two weeks to event date attracts 5% discount