If you are fascinated by football and interested in discovering more about business and management then this engaging and stimulating course which provides the opportunity to share and comment on your learning with others is for you.
During this interactive course you investigate three main themes. First is the nature of the football business. You'll look at clubs, particularly those beyond the Premier League, exploring how their business model might differ from other industries. You draw on academic perspectives and interviews with those working in football at both a traditional club, premier club, to consider different income streams and clubs' internal and external decision-making environments.
The second theme focuses on employees' motivation at work and the dynamics of working in a team. Interviews with professional footballers and club employees are used to illustrate some of the complexities that the research reveals. You will consider how to nurture an effective motivational and team climate.
The final theme is globalisation and power relationships in football and in business. You will examine the commercial and global expansion of the game and how different dimensions of power are used in football and other businesses.
Course Learning Outcomes
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- begin to understand the business of football and the internal and external business environment of football clubs
- identify factors most likely to motivate people to succeed in their work in different parts of the football business including leaders and managers influence on the working environment
- describe what makes teams more likely to succeed and how individuals can develop into more effective teams
- reflect on the meaning of globalisation and how this relates to the business of football
- identify how dimensions of power relate to football.
- Record of achievement
- By enrolling on this course, you can track your progress and gain a Certificate of Participation for completing the whole course.
- A business like no other
- The economics of football
- Alternative football business approaches
- Analysing the external environment
- Using PESTEL to analyse a football business
- What makes up the business of football?
- Stakeholders in the business of football
- Stakeholders, power and interest
- Mapping stakeholders’ power and interest
- Stakeholders’ passion and business
- Final thoughts
||Sep 06 - 09 Sep, 2022
|Lagos, State, Nigeria
||08 - 11 Nov, 2022
|NGN 355,000.00||(The program fees covers tuition, e-books,Course Materials, tea break, lunch, Bag, Certificate of participation and administration)|
Dr Chris Egbu, +2348023194131
Organisation sponsoring more than two staff will get 20% discount and Payment before two weeks to event date attracts 5% discount. You can also consider option of having this training in-house or online at 50% discount and 5 free e-books
Centre for Productivity. (CeProd) Faculty