As an accountant, do you want to become more than a "number cruncher" and add value to your organisation through your strategic recommendations?
As a business manager, do you want to know where to look in the sea of budgeting and forecasting numbers for your strategic planning and analysis?
This practical course provides an introduction to the analysis that can be built into forecasting and budgeting developed in spreadsheets. Using simple statistical tools and an overview of some of Excel's little-known functionalities, this course will provide attendees with a pragmatic approach to enhance the efficiency, effectiveness and presentation of their budgeting forecasting.
Aimed at all professionals involved in the budgeting and forecasting process, this course shows you how to reduce risk in your decisionmaking and your recommendations by using budgets, qualitative and quantitative analysis, as well as a "kit bag" of tips, tools and techniques.
Over four intensive days, this course will:
- Help attendees to understand, develop and execute a strategic business plan
- Link budgets and forecast to the business' strategy
- Provide a practical understanding of Microsoft® Excel's data forecasting and charting functions
- Quantify the risks and rewards of estimating future assumptions and outputs
- Explore different forecasting and trending methods
- Equip attendees with several ways to confirm and optimise key outputs, leading to better decisions
- Teach attendees several ways to analyse and present key outputs
This course will show participants how to improve forecasting techniques, using real-world examples, to turn historical data into future management information. It will provide participants with the analysis that can be built into forecasting and budgeting by using simple statistical tools and techniques, participants will learn a pragmatic approach to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of their forecasting and analysis.
Who Should Attend?
This course will suit financial analysts, management accountants and all professionals who have vested interests in forecasting trends at the strategic, tactical, operational and planning levels.
- Middle Management
- Middle and Back Office
- Financial and Product Control
- Finance Business Partners
- Planning and Budgeting
- Management, Statutory and Regulatory Reporting
- Auditors and Internal Control
- Risk and Compliance Regulators
- Accountants and Consultants