A comprehensive, practical, skills-based approach to structured trade and commodity finance. On completion of the course you will gain:
- A comprehensive coverage of the structured approach to trade finance
- A focus on considerations relating to emerging market trade finance
- A view of risk and commercial priorities from the perspective of a borrower as well as that of a lender
- Highly practical exposure to structured commodity trade finance
- Understanding of importance of documents of title and underlying transportation arrangements
- Appreciation for role of Insurance products in risk mitigation
- A view of the application of exchange-traded instruments for price risk management
- Acquire a global view of Structured Trade Finance practices in the commodities space
This course uses a mixture of presentations and many practical examples so you gain a comprehensive understanding of structured trade and commodity finance.
This course is designed to appeal to professionals interested in risk management and financing of physical flows of commodities. The course will be delivered at an intermediate level. Participants are expected to be knowledgeable about trade finance products, letters of credit and international trading practices. Coverage will tilt towards financing of emerging markets business. Case studies and real-life illustrations will be used frequently to emphasise learning points.
Who should attend?
Designed for all those who wish to learn how to analyse and structure trade and commodity finance in-depth. We highly recommend the following market professionals attend:
- Trade Finance and Treasury professionals
- Commercial and Merchant Bankers
- International Traders
- Risk Managers
|Centrally Located Hotel in Paris, Paris, France
||Nov 24 - 27 Nov, 2014
The Course Director is a Trade Finance practitioner with 32 years experience in the Asia-Pacific region. His experience encompasses both commercial and financial aspects of International Trade. He worked for many years in Bills, Banking Operations and Credit & Marketing Departments of an international bank in Hong Kong.