This course looks comprehensively at identifying issues that have the potential to become crises, dealing with issues before they become crises, preparing for a crisis, ensuring the best communications during a crisis and repairing reputation and brand rebuilding following a crisis.
Who Should Attend?
Directors and senior managers who are responsible for building an organisation’s brand and reputation, marketing the organisation, PR strategy, PR planning, communication with stakeholders and external audiences, internal PR, all internal communications, or those who will be involved in managing communications during a major incident, including those in the public, private and voluntary sectors.
Delegates will gain knowledge and skills to:
- Identify factors which have the potential to become crisis
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders and media before a crisis occurs
- Control immediate reactions to a crisis
- Integrate communications and management during a crisis
- Plan and manage communications during and after a crisis
- Identify and assess risks and potential impact
- Write and test a crisis-communication policy
- Manage communications throughout a crisis
- Rebuild brand and reputation following a crisis
- Identify the golden rules of crisis communication