The course provides a comprehensive overview and analysis of the requirements of international diplomacy and international protocol. It analyses the role of strategic affairs and fundamentals of government relations on an international level and the ways in which to build a strong identifiable profile, robust brand and sound reputation on the international stage.
Who Should Attend?
Those who are responsible for building an organisation’s brand and reputation on the international stage and helping to promote good international relations, PR strategy and planning, and communication with international stakeholders and external audiences, including those in the public, private and voluntary sectors.
- Delegates will gain knowledge and skills to:
- Understand international protocol, social and business etiquette
- Appreciate cultural differences and overcome misconceptions
- Give presentations, press conferences and public statements abroad
- Brief visitors to other countries on protocol
- Identify principles of international networking and lobbying
- Understand an introduction to management –understanding the importance of achieving success through the efforts of others
- Understand the importance of leading and managing, as well as develop the key skills necessary to perform both
- Evaluate the dynamics of team development and team types
- Explore the team leader’s role in managing performance, setting objectives and providing feedback
- Use communication skills and team based communication processes