This course helps delegates devise a modernisation strategy for their organisations where one does not exist. It also helps those already in a reform course to actively participate in modernising their department or area of responsibility. Delegates will discuss, analyse and evaluate key elements of a reform agenda using interactive techniques and case studies from Africa, Asia and Europe.
Who Should Attend?
Public sector leaders and managers who wish to develop or participate in a reform course for their organisations. It is also suitable for leaders and managers who have already embarked on a reform course.
Delegates will gain knowledge and skills to:
- Understand the need for policy reform and its impact on economic development
- Develop information technology options in developing public sector strategy
- Improve mechanisms to reduce and prevent fraud and corruption
- Acquire lifetime strategic leadership skills and behaviours
- Explore means of motivation and reward systems
- Develop or enhance a tailor-made modernisation and reform strategy for a department or organisation
- Examine human resource practices and policy for reform
- Explore how information technology can help a reform course
- Create a leadership and motivation strategy
- Contemplate ways to develop and reform fiscal policy