This course introduces records management in all media, providing techniques to deal with the issues and challenges of implementing electronic records management systems, back-record conversion and archiving.
Who Should Attend?
ICT, records and project managers, business consultants, senior managers, auditors and anyone involved in managing or using records.
Delegates will gain knowledge and skills to:
- Identify the importance of records and information as a vital resource
- Evaluate records control and classification systems
- Develop retention and disposal policies
- Understand records appraisal and archiving
- Understand how to introduce sustainable policies on records management
- Appreciate how records under pin accountability
- Recognise the implications and requirements of Data Protection and Freedom of Information legislation
- Identify management issues associated with the use of electronic records, including email
- Realise the key features and benefits of electronic documents and records management systems (EDRMS)
- Assess the risks associated with the use of email and other electronic document and records management technologies