This course is designed to cover concepts, tools and techniques of project management based on the elements of the project management body of knowledge. The course will acquaint delegates with portfolio management skills and tools, taking into account the strategies and objectives of the business unit organisation, changes in internal or external conditions (e.g. market, regulatory), business and project performance, and the status, planned benefits, risks and challenges across the projects and programmes.
Who Should Attend?
Energy industry planners, project operators, stakeholders, designers, project managers, business managers, consultants, project analysts, senior executives, project team members, members of project management offices, project customers, functional managers, trainers and researchers.
Delegates will gain knowledge and skills to:
- Understand an introduction to project management principles
- Plan and manage several energy projects effectively
- Employ portfolio management
- Plan and schedule using Work Breakdown Structures (WBS)
- Comprehend the importance and tools in managing project risks
- Implement strategic project management
- Employ an effective quality management approach for a project
- Understand management economics