This course is the only externally approved integrated management systems auditing class in the world that is based on both ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001, and delivered in one week. It is suitable for external accreditation of auditors and lead auditors (after suitable practical experience).
Participants work as a member of a team of internal auditors to appraise the health, safety and environmental management system (HSE-MS) of GENergy Limited, a fictitious but highly realistic case study based on the distribution department of an integrated oil company. The course is firmly based in the principles of corporate responsibility for risk-management and business control, and the theory and practice of modern risk-based auditing.
Who Should Attend?
The course introduces new and experienced auditors to a dynamic risk-based approach for assessing the effectiveness of any HSE-MS, including those based upon ISO 14001 and/ or OHSAS 18001. It has also proven extremely beneficial for preparing technically competent line managers and supervisors for a team assignment auditing an HSE-MS in any environment.
Delegates will gain knowledge and skills to:
- Participate effectively in an audit or review team in line with the standards of the auditing profession
- Relate audit to the essential principles of corporate governance, risk-management, business control and management system
- Add value for senior management from the auditing process
- Demonstrate the skills necessary to conduct an effective audit
- Familiarise with the auditee’s business environment and objectives
- Develop a risk-based audit work plan
- Implement effective interviewing, reviewing and testing techniques
- Record, analyse and assess audit findings
- Evaluate the auditee’s HSE- MS
- Summarise, present and report at high level the audit results to management